Information We Collect
If you use a third party application(s), our APIs, or website(s) to integrate your information into VOLeads and its Services, you agree to transmit your information with the API and/or also authorize the third party application(s) to transmit your information to VOLeads, and for VOLeads to return information back to you or the third party application(s) as necessary.
When you register for and use our services, you may provide to us the following types of Personal Information about yourself:
- Registration Information. To open a VOLeads Account, you must provide your name, email address, password and a zip code.
- Credit Card Information. When you purchase some of our services, you must provide your payment card information. No payment information is stored by VOLeads on the VOLeads Servers or on any other device or system, and is retained by third party payment processing partners.
- Social Networking and Email Platform Information. For some of our optional services, you must link your VOLeads account with another email, network, or social network account. When you link accounts with your VOLeads account, you provide your email account or network credentials, including your passwords, and other account information.
- Referral Information. When you use VOLeads to refer our Services to your contacts or friends, we will collect and use any contact information you choose to provide to automatically generate an invitation to the contacts and friends you select. The contact information you may choose to provide may include information from your address books, online email services, and other mobile or online services. We do not use, share or store Referral Information for any other purposes. Once a referral contact initiated by you is completed, the referral information is permanently deleted from our servers.
- Feedback Information. You may provide additional information through online forms, surveys, contests, and communications, or by other means. We store this information and associate it with your Registration Information. You are not required to provide such information to us, but some Services may not be available to you unless you do.
In addition, we may automatically collect information about your use of the Services, including:
- Information about your browser, including log information, Internet protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring URL and the date and time of the request, hardware settings, and other system information, such as system activity and crashes.
- Screen usage data and other aggregate or statistical data.
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources, including third parties that sell us data, analytics providers, and social media pages.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your Personal Information:
- for registration;
- to help serve you relevant and meaningful content;
- to provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- to contact you as described below;
- to charge your payment card if you have opted into certain premium Services;
- to populate our internal use only Business Contact Database for our own business purposes.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you:
- regarding the Services;
- in response to your inquiries and requests;
- with alerts or newsletters;
- with opportunities to participate in polls, quizzes, and surveys or contest and reward programs; and
- with promotional messages on our behalf or on behalf of our trusted partners.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional messages by following the instructions in each communication, by changing your email settings in your Account Settings, or by contacting us at VOLeads Support.
We use the information we automatically collect about your use of the Services to evaluate the performance of the Services, and to generate aggregate statistics for our benefit or for our service providers and trusted partners.
The Business Contact Database
We manually review and apply our algorithms on the data housed in the Business Contact Database to identify the most up-to-date business information for each contact. We may provide the up-to-date business contact information that we derive to our users, clients, and business partners to ensure their business address books and business contacts are always kept current. More information about how we share the information in the Business Contact Database is provided below.
When We Share Your Information
We may share your Personal Information:
- with our third party service providers (for example, to help distribute our Services, communicate with you, remove repetitive or duplicate information from our systems, process payments, or provide other operational services);
- with partners and cosponsors as part of a poll, quiz, survey, contest, reward program, or other activity;
- as part of a change in control or sale of all or part of LegitVO Services, Inc. or its subsidiaries;
- to verify or enforce our Terms of Services or other applicable policies and guidelines; or
- as required by law (for example, in response to valid legal process from a government agency).
We may share other information that is not Personal Information for various business reasons and purposes. When we share this information, we ensure that no individual contributing user or visitor is specifically identified or linked to such information.
We may use session and persistent cookies. Session cookies exist only during one session and disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you close your browser or turn off your computer. Session cookies make it easier to navigate our Website and persistent cookies are used to remember users’ information so they do not have to enter it more than once and to improve our Services. Most Web browsers allow you to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access some of the functionality offered on our Sites.
A “Web beacon” (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags, or Web bugs) is a small and often invisible graphic image or other web programming code embedded in a web page or email. We may use Web beacons from time to time, or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Sites, to monitor how users navigate our Services, and to count how many emails sent were actually opened. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings. We may associate Personal Information with Web beacon activity of users.
We use various third parties to help provide the most valuable Services to you as possible. The provisions that follow set out our relationships with the following third parties as they relate to your information:
- Service Providers
- App Analytics
- Social Networks and Email Platforms
- Ad Servers
Service Providers. Our service providers may include network advertisers, ad agencies, third-party traffic measurement services, and other vendors. We use these third-party service providers:
- to collect and store data regarding use of our website and Services;
- to serve our advertisements on other websites, within third party applications, and across the Internet;
- to provide us with information regarding the effectiveness of our advertisements; and
- to build and maintain user profiles.
To provide these analytics and advertisement services, our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to our websites and use of our Services. They also may store the information we collect about you.
These analytics provide insights about our Services, including key metrics that help us manage and improve those Services. Our Analytics partners may collect your information including:
- Device and network information, including platform information, a uniquely generated ID, operating system version, IP address, network carrier, and a country code.
- Application information, such as which VOLeads applications you use, how you use them, and the frequency and duration of usage.
- Personal Information that you share with our applications.
- Available Personal Information from third parties used for authentication when you login to, or create accounts on, our applications using platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google, or Microsoft, including your name, email address, location, gender, interests, device, application usage, user ID, and contact information.
- Device location information if location services are enabled for our applications.
You may choose to unsubscribe from our Services at any time. To request to unsubscribe from our Services, please send a request to VOLeads Support. Additional verification information may be required to process your requests. We will respond to your verified requests within thirty (30) days. We will retain information you previously provided.
You also may update your Registration Information through your Account on our Services. You also may stop using our Services by removing our applications from your device. For Services that access or link to any other account you may have (e.g., email or social media accounts), you must deactivate the links between your VOLeads account and your other accounts to stop using our Services. Please note that we may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives prior to you unsubscribing. To help ensure data quality and accuracy, business professionals whose business contact information may be listed in the Business Contact Database may access their own business information upon request.
You can prevent collection of Personal Information from third-party email and social networking services (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, or Microsoft) by not linking your email or social networking accounts with your VOLeads account.
In addition to the choices outlined above, you may adjust any settings and permissions on your device(s), browser(s), and social networking and email accounts. Please refer to information from your device manufacturer and other services providers to determine how to make these changes.
How We Retain Information
How We Protect Information
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the security of your information against unauthorized access and disclosure both online and offline. These measures include the implementation of reasonable technical, physical, and administrative data security safeguards that are consistent with our business operations and industry standards. For example, we use secure socket layer (“SSL”) or other encryption technology when transmitting your Personal Information between your system and ours.
We also employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. Access to Personal Information is restricted so that only certain of our employees are granted access to information as appropriate to perform specific jobs and tasks. Some information is also stored in an encrypted form within our own databases. We use appropriate security measures to pass payment card information the our current third party payment processor.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our systems, no application, website, or Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe (including your username and password), and to log out of your account after each use.
Our Services are not intended for or directed to children. Children under 18 are not eligible to use our Services. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and understand that you must be at least 18 years old in order to create an account and purchase the Services advertised through our websites and applications. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered Personal Information from children younger than the age of 13, we will take reasonable measures to delete or destroy such information from our records.
International Users and Onward Transfer
The VOLeads Leads database profiles decision makers and key influencers that are based in the United States. The use of the contact information for business purposes is subject to local and federal privacy restrictions, and as a data controller VOLeads is compliant with all such regulations, most prominently CAN-SPAM, which addresses electronic mail standards and opt-out clauses. That compliance does not extend to our clients whether a direct user, channel partner, or distribution partner using CB APIs, and the onus is on them to ensure they follow any and all applicable privacy standards. Clients whether a direct user, channel partner, or distribution partner using CB APIs found to be using the data from the VOLeads Leads database to violate the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, will have their accounts, affiliations and or memberships cancelled and blocked immediately, and permanently.
VOLeads has appointed a lead for data protection (data protection officer) for you to contact should you have any questions regarding our use of personal data: VOLeads Support
If you have general questions or comments, or would like to learn more about us, please contact us at VOLeads Support, or at our mailing address:
LegitVO Services, Inc. - DBA VOLeads.com
P.O. Box 771
Highland Twp., MI 48357
Your California Privacy Rights
California Shine the Light
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by sending a message to VOLeads Support. Please allow 30 days for us to respond to any such request.
California “Do Not Track” Rights
We do not collect Personal Information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services as a Third-Party Ad Server. Therefore, “do not track” signals transmitted from web browsers do not apply to the Sites, and we do not alter any of our data collection and use practices upon receipt of such a signal. Where a user or web browser transmits a “do not track” signal, third parties that place cookies and collect information on the Sites will be able to see that such a signal has been transmitted.
California Consumer Privacy Act
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)).
Summary of Personal Information (PI) Collected, Disclosed & Sold
|Category of PI collected
|Category of Sources
|Categories with which PI Disclosed for Business Purpose
|Is the PI Sold for any Purpose?
|Identifiers (such as name, address, email address, social network info)
|Commercial Information (such as transaction data)
|Financial Data (such as credit card information)
|Internet or other network or device activity (such as IP address, screen usage data)
|Communication Information (such as the number, recency, frequency that you communicated with your contacts)
Categories of Personal Information Collected: See the “Information We Collect” section above regarding the personal information we collect. Also see the chart above for a list of the categories of personal information we have collected during the past 12 months.
Business Purposes: See the “How We Use Your Information” section above regarding our use of your personal information. In addition, we or our service providers may use your personal information for the following business purposes (as defined in the CCPA):
- Our or our service provider’s operational purposes;
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site (e.g., measuring ad impressions);
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and malicious, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- Bug detection and error reporting;
- Providing the Services (e.g., account servicing and maintenance, order processing and fulfillment, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about the Services);
- Improving our existing Services and developing new services (e.g., by conducting research to develop new products or features) ;
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as third party advertising and communicating with you about relevant offers from third party partners;
- Other uses about which we notify you.
See the “When We Share Your Information” section above regarding when we may share or disclose your personal information. In addition, see the chart above for a list of the categories of personal information we have disclosed in furtherance of a business purpose during the past 12 months.
Third Party Sale of Personal Information: We will never sell your personal information to third parties. Period. VOLeads adheres to the strict policy of "Your data is your data" of LegitVO Services, Inc. This means that your personal data, and any User Generated Content (UGC) created by you and stored by VOLeads, belongs to you and remains private.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights. California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
While it is already our standing policy to never sell your personal information, we must advise you that you have the right to “opt out” of having your personal information sold to a third party by contacting us through the VOLeads Contact Form. You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services.
If you would like to exercise any of your California consumer rights, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be required to verify your identify before we fulfill your request. To do so, you may need to provide us with certain information, such as your full name and email address. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization for the agent to act on your behalf. You will still need to verify your identity directly with us.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
In May 2018, a new data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (or the “GDPR”) went into effect. The GDPR requires VOLeads to provide more information about the processing of personal data.
VOLeads as Data Controller
LegitVO Services, Inc. - DBA VOLeads.com, a Michigan corporation whose registered office is at P.O. Box 771, Highland Twp., MI 48357, is the controller and responsible for the Services.
We have appointed a data protection officer (DPO) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPO using the following details:
Full name of legal entity: LegitVO Services, Inc. - DBA VOLeads.com
Name of DPO: Jonathon Grant
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: P.O. Box 771, Highland Twp., MI 48357
Legal grounds for processing your personal data
The GDPR requires us to tell you about the legal ground we’re relying on to process any personal data about you. The legal grounds for us processing your personal data for the purposes set out in the “How We Use Your Information” section above will typically be because:
- you provided your consent;
- it is necessary for our contractual relationship;
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations; and/or
- the processing is in our legitimate interest (for example, to protect the security and integrity of our systems and to provide you with customer service, etc.).
When we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data (including to disclose your personal data to third parties), you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one legal basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Type of Personal Data
|Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
|Identifiers (such as name, address, email address, social network info)
|Commercial Information (such as transaction data)
|Financial Data (such as credit card information)
|Internet or other network or device activity (such as IP address, screen usage data)
|Communication Information (such as the number, recency, frequency that you communicated with your leads/contacts)
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the following entities for the purposes set out in the table above: (i) internal third parties – VOLeads affiliates acting as joint controllers or processors and who are based in the EU and US and provide IT and system administration services and undertake leadership reporting and (ii) external third party service providers – service providers acting as processors based in the EU and US who provide IT and system administration services, including without limitation (i) payment processors such as Stripe, Square or similar, (ii) marketing analytics providers such as Google and similar.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions
When we share your personal data with third parties, it may involve transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Data protection laws vary among countries, with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy.
Whenever we transfer your personal data to third parties based outside of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you require further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered, or disclosed. In addition, unless you consent otherwise, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
See the “How We Retain Information” section above. You can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information. In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.